Invisible Bigfoot Attack|Ed Malone||01/30/06 at 08:25:13|obadiah|xx|0||STRANGE KY ENCOUNTER as told by actual witness Bart Nunnelly:

"There is a place in Smith Mills, Henderson Co. KY, called Burbanks
Lake, also known locally as 'Spook Hill'. As you might guess by the
name, down thru the years it has garnered a reputation for being
haunted. I believe it to be a 'window' location as many inexplicable
experiences have taken place in this area, including various crypt id
sightings like bf, water monsters, giant birds and black panthers.
UFO activity is not uncommon here, and there are many ghost stories
associated with Spook Hill as well. Lending to this is the fact that
there are 2 very old cemeteries to be found, long since reclaimed by
the forest, at the hills top. Also situated there between the main
cemetery and the slave cemetery, are 3 ancient lakes. One is fairly
big and deep and all were rumored to contain monster bass. All the
male members of my family have always been avid fishermen and,one day
back in the summer of 1987, we decided to go and fish there.This was
totally against our dad's better judgment. He had lived near the area
when he was younger and had been personally warned by Mr. Burbank
never to let dark catch him there.He never said why. Also, my older
half brother had told us a scary story about a time he and a brother-
n-law had went night fishing there in a boat a few years before. He
claimed that, every time the two tried to land the boat and come
ashore to leave, the woods would erupt with the sound of breaking
branches and heavy footsteps at the point which they were heading the
boat for,forcing them to shove back out into the middle of the lake.
Every attempt to leave the lake was met by this resistance, which
frightened them both, and they were forced to spend the entire night
in the boat far away from shore. Only when dawn broke were the
two 'allowed' to leave, which they did in all haste, never to return.
This intrigued me to no end, green as I was back then, but the lure
of trophy bass enticed us all. We arrived at the lake in the early
afternoon and headed thru the trees down to the water. We had been
able to procure a one man bass boat with a small trolling motor from
a friend. It could hold two people-but barely.As there were 6 of us,
four brothers and two friends,this meant that four of us would be
confined to fishing the banks. We found the place to be absolutely
teeming with water mocassins and not one of us had brought a weapon
of any type, only fishing poles. Since everyone wanted to fish the
other side of the lake we opted to be ferried across instead of
trying to walk thru the grass and trying to avoid a possible snake
bite.It took forever for the little motor to chug everyone across the
lake.By the time we were there it was late afternoon. We fished
awhile without much luck. Before we knew it darkness was fast
approaching. My older brother began to ferry everyone back across one
at a time. This took around 30-40 minutes round trip, with five trips
to be made. Complete darkens's fell with just my younger brother and
myself remaining on the far side of the lake. We had half a gal. of
kerosene and had earlier gathered what wood we could find,which was
mostly wet since it had rained there a couple of days previously,and
used it to build a small fire. We were sitting there bemoaning so
much trouble for nothing when the sound of breaking branches and
heavy footsteps erupted from the woods in front of us. It was a
terrifyingly loud commotion and we jumped up in fright. I have never
before or since, been so terrified by any type of sound. It
was ,looking back, totally unlike me to react in such a manner.
Perhaps it was because, at the first limb fracture, we BOTH knew
immediately what was out there in the darkness of the haunted woods.
Worse, the sounds soon began to come from behind us and to our right
as well, and they were getting closer. We heard no grunts. No growls.
No breathing . Just the heavy footfalls and the terrific explosions
of tree limbs all around. We thought we were both going to die that
night, without a doubt. We could see nothing as it was quite dark. No
moon and heavy cloud cover. When the sounds got quite close I threw
some kerosene into the fire, determined to at least see what was
about to eat us. The kero ignited and the fire flared up,
illuminating an area of about 25 ft. in all directions. We could see
nothing. The light would only last for a few seconds then subside and
plunge our surroundings back into utter darkness.When this happened
the sounds would approach us again. Over and over I threw the fuel
into the shrinking fire, washing the woods in sudden firelight. We
never did see a thing. Not even a single eye-shine.The kerosene
didn't last long. We had been yelling and making a good sized noise
of our own, to no avail. It seemed that only the light was holding
our would be attackers at bay. But the fire was fading fast.Soon it
was reduced to a tiny flame at one end of a small, wet branch-and the
noises were closing in. I picked it up and held it up in front of me
as we walked backwards down towards the waters edge. I told my
brother to get ready to swim for his life. The noises followed us
down to the lake,amazingly, even thou this area had very few trees!
It sounded like invisible branches were being broken by invisible
beings. Lucky for us,just as we were about to get wet, we heard the
sound of our brother on the boat shouting his approach. We yelled for
him to hurry. When he reached us we were in a state of agitation, to
say the least. He wanted to know who was next. Well, to put it
simply, we found out a one man boat can carry three people in an